5/5/2020 Update on the status of this relief fund campaign: We have currently depleted all available donated funds and have been able to assist over 600 restaurant employees so far. We are aggressively trying to recruit additional donations so that we may continue to help as many as possible during this time. We will keep you updated on both the status of your application and the availability of donations/funds.
If you are a full-time Arizona industry worker who meets the outlined criteria above, please begin your individual application below. Please only complete one application per person. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If approved, we will be using PayPal to issue grantee awards, with a one week time frame for processing. If PayPal is not an option for you, a check will be made available.
Please note – Awards in the amount of $500 will be granted to all approved applicants until resources are fully depleted. These grants are subject to the availability of funds and will be limited to one per person
To qualify for grant assistance, you must meet all the following requirements:
- You have been laid-off, furloughed, or otherwise terminated from a full-time hourly or salaried position within the Arizona restaurant industry after February 29, 2020. (Please note that full-time is defined as an average of 30 hours a week)
- You have been continuously employed by the same business for at least six months.
- You are able to certify that you are not receiving any compensation from any business or individual that is licensed to sell or serve alcoholic beverages by the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control. (Compensation includes pay for work, any form of paid leave, or other benefits such as retirement contributions or healthcare coverage.)
- Agree to the “Pay It Forward Oath”
If you meet these qualifications, please:
- Complete the Relief Fund Application
- Submit two pay stubs – one of which must be issued after February 29, 2020, and one that reflects a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Submit proof that you have filed for unemployment insurance